obviously, people and ministry are what i will miss the most, but the last few weeks, i’ve also been thinking about some of the fun, quirky and delightfully different things that i will miss about guatemala!
here’s a short list:
- hole in the walls with the best food! can you say “taco stand”!?!
- the weather!
- never being rushed in restaurants
- bakeries and pharmacies on every corner…and NO prescriptions needed!
- guatemalan food (except fiambre–ick)
- simply putting on your hazards whenever you want to break a traffic “law”….or you just want to do your own thing.
- refried black beans
- lots and lots of hugs and kisses (definitely going to miss greeting with a kiss!)
- y cafe (my favorite guatemalan coffee shop and its precious workers who know my order!)
- worshiping in spanish
- delicious fruit
- hanging my laundry outside on lines that fill my backyard!
- flower stands on every corner!
- the creativity of people who use their vehicles for way more than driving!
- gorgeous sunsets!