may 21st, i will be coming “home” to dallas.
i say “home”, because for now…it seems like just a visit. doesn’t feel like home (yet!). i know it will. i know it will be the place i make a home, life and ministry with my future husband. i know it will feel like home once i reconnect with heart friends and begin to dig in deep into ministry. and i know it will be awesome.
as i begin to ponder and reflect on my time in guatemala, i am overwhelmed by the amazing provision and blessing God has poured over me. He has allowed me to partake in such rich ministry, deep friendships and a tremendous amount of joy through opportunities to utilize my gifts for His glory!
i take away from this country and my experience here far more than i ever gave.
just a few of the “take aways” from the last two years:
- If God calls you, He WILL equip you in every way to accomplish His will
- I am most fulfilled when I am using my gifts and talents to serve Him.
- I love counseling.
- Sometimes relationship is more important than my plans or my schedule.
- I actually like living with a relaxed schedule.
- God is way bigger than I thought…and my eyes have been opened here.
- The Holy Spirit is also alive and active in ways I had not experienced until my time in Guatemala.
- I believe more.
- I ask, believing more.
- My faith has been challenged, strengthened, stretched and affirmed all at the same time.
- I have been more refined in my understanding of a moral issue vs. preference.
- God provides deep friendships anywhere I go…and I do not deserve them.
- Culturally, I can adapt well, and after living here, I’m not really sure which culture I consider “home!”
- I really enjoy living life at a slower pace.
- Being in missions is a passion and privilege, and I have loved the opportunity to live in another country.
- I have seen great injustice, and have had to learn to trust God through it.
- I have seen the body of Christ work in a beautiful way here.
- There are seasons and stages of life…and God is in control of all of them.
- Obedience is way better than preference.
- God’s ideas, plans, thoughts, wisdom, (fill in the blank), is WAY better than mine or anything i could dream!\
i’m sure there are more to come…but that’s a start.
man, this has been a great ride.
I look forward to continuing my pursuit of missions long after that plane hits the ground at DFW. my call to missions is forever. my physical locations are just temporary :). praise Him for sustaining me wherever i am!